This industrial-use can crusher expertly crushes even your toughest oil filters and cans to 25% of their original size in seconds.
The average auto repair shop ends up with hundreds or even thousands of oil filters every year, all filled with sludge and used oil from engines. Because of this, they are viewed as contaminated waste by the EPA, which continues to mandate tough regulations about their disposal.
The Ranger RP-20FC oil filter crusher provides the perfect solution for getting rid of used oil filters. Once the filters are crushed, you can deliver them to a metal recycling facility where you’ll get paid for the scrap value of the metal. This is a much better solution rather than having to pay a fee to deliver the used filters to an approved recycling collection center.
The powerful Ranger RP-20FC oil filter crusher flattens the filter to about 20% of its original size and removes up to 95% of the sludge and used engine oil. The waste oil is separated from the metal and recycled into a storage container of your choice, where it awaits proper disposal. This means that rather than having a stack of bulky dirty oil filters sitting in your shop, you end up with a neat pile of clean scrap metal and an easy-to-manage container of used oil that can be disposed of cheaply and conveniently. Best of all, this entire process complies completely with EPA disposal guidelines.
When you consider the cost of typical EPA approved oil filter disposal for contaminated waste, then consider the return you will receive from a scrap metal dealer and oil collection company, the RP-20FC pays for itself in no time.
- Save on disposal costs and storage space
- Fulfills EPA and other mandated environmental standards
- No-mess design operates clean and efficiently to lessen spill hazards
- Single-control valve operation
- Exclusive X-shape bevel in press head pre-aligns filters for absolute vertical press
- Welded steel plate construction
- 12-1/2″ diameter cylinder providers a maximum crushing pressure of 20,000 lbs
- Crushes cans in only 20 seconds
- Reduces filters to 25% of their original size
- Removes up to 95% of the oil
- 100% air operated for minimal maintenance
- Automatic safety door stops operation when opened
- Transparent door for a convenient view of the crushing process
- Pressure regulator and air moisture separator come standard
- Optional RP-20FCS stand accommodates 5, 16 and 55-gallon drums for efficient fluid handling
- Overall height: 29-1/2″ / 749 mm
- Overall width: 17″ / 432 mm
- Overall depth: 17″ / 432 mm
- Chamber opening height: 11″ / 279 mm
- Chamber opening width: 8″ / 203 mm
- Chamber opening depth: 11″ / 279 mm
- Average cycle time: 15 – 20 seconds
- Air input: 125 – 175 psi
- Unit weight: 228 lbs. / 103 kg